Thursday, August 21, 2008

my new friend microkorg

my new friend microkorg got toasted back in spain. i take full responsibility for the incident and i am sure it won't happen again. i was showing it to my sister, she was having a great time but i had to plug it in with an inadecuate transformer. ejem, un despiste lo tiene cualquiera. ni siquiera pense que pudiera tener un transformador unicamente valido para EEUU. malditos japoneses...

anyway, from my very limited experience using musical instruments i find that trying to make sensible sounds is maybe the most meditative activity i can engage in. in this sense, it is only good to continue devoting time to it. what i also found to be true is that making noise on my own is not comparable to interacting with others through music. a conversation with others is generally more engaging that a monologue. i think i will continue trying to find people with whom i can make some noise and make the noise!

No comments: